Record Smashing Coin Drive

Anna Ogilvie, In-Depth Editor

Ames High Dance Marathon held it’s first fund-raising event last week. The friendly competition was between all of the English classes. The teacher who raised the most money for Iowa Children’s Hospitals won a party for all of their classes. The goal for the fundraiser was $1,000.00, yet as a school, over $2,750.00 was raised. That amount more than doubled the goal! Mrs. Seibert’s class raised the most with $1,481.29.

Many teachers and community members commented on the overwhelming amount of support the students gave to Children’s Miracle Network, through Iowa Children’s Hospitals. Mrs. Seibert is more than proud of her students along with all of the other AHS students that participated in the coin drive. “You amaze me, and I feel very blessed that I’m a part of the Ames High family.” Thanks to all of the students, teachers, and staff members that made the drive so succesful. Ames High Dance Marathon would also like to thank First National Bank for letting them use their coin counting machine and for Cookies Etc. for going above and beyond in their donation to help students celebrate their goal breaking drive.

Mrs. Seibert says it best, “Our students are absolutely incredible. You have truly made a positive impact on the lives of children. Be very proud of yourselves and the incredible gift you’ll give through Ames High Dance Marathon.” (Ames High Dance Marathon is a dance/party that will take place Feburary 28th. All proceeds will go to Iowa Children’s Hospitals. For more information follow AHSDM on twitter @AmesDM or instagram @ahsdancemarathon #getdowntogiveback)