Graceful Grace Wood

Sabrina Lang, Reviews Editor

A native to Omaha, Nebraska, freshman Grace Wood is taking on her freshman year at Ames High with no more suitable attitude but a graceful one. “I thought high school would be more intimidating, says Grace. She shows how confident, caring she is, and is more than ready for what the future has in store for her.

Grace runs track as a sprinter and is also involved in cheer. Along with sports, she also participates in Fashion Club. In her free time, Grace likes to draw,  go see movies with friends, and listen to her favorite song (Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran.)

Grace’s remarkable spirit leads her to care for the world around her. If she could go anywhere in the world, she said she would go to Haiti to experience the new culture and help build houses. The person she admires most in life is her mom. “She  handles so much at once and manages her time for me,” Grace said.

“Everyday may not be good, but there’s always something good in everyday” is the motto that she lives by. Grace would recommend to the incoming freshman to try not to stress too much because it will just make things harder for you, and make sure you lay out your time wisely.

After high school, Grace plans on attending and graduating from Iowa State to become a physical therapist. Always confident and smiling, Grace is a grand addition to the Ames High family.