59°

AutumnNot just a season

Junior Autumn Thompson, inspired by Britney Spears (just kidding, but read on), is one funny and spring loving girl. Despite her name, autumn surprisingly isn’t her favorite season. But there is more to Autumn then just her name. After sitting down with her, The WEB learned a lot about what makes Autumn fall. WEB: So tell us about your childhood. Autumn Thompson: I was born in Boulder, Colorado December 30th 1989. I was the first girl after three boys, so of course I was stubborn and my mom had to have a c-section. Then when they finally came out my dad told my mom I was a boy and she was really sad. The doctor told her my dad was joking and she started yelling at him, and he laughed. I’m sure if I would have been old enough I would of laughed too!! WEB: Sounds like your dad is quite the jokester. Did he name you? AT: Yes, he did. He named me Autumn because I was going to be a golden child. Also, autumn is a mixture and change of seasons. It makes no sense to me though; I wasn’t even born in autumn. WEB: Speaking of seasons, what is your favorite season? AT: My favorite season is not autumn, although a lot of people seem to think it should be. In fact, my favorite season is spring, because it comes after winter, which I hate. And it’s not extremely hot yet, but most importantly it’s not cold either. WEB: So we take it you don’t like winter? AT: You might have picked this up from the question before, but winter is my least favorite season. It is way to cold, and I hate the cold. I love snow though, or at least the way it looks. If it was warm I’d love to play in it too, but it’s not. So yeah, I don’t really like winter. I’m sad that it is almost here. WEB: Well then enough about winter, how about fall? AT: I like fall. My favorite fall activity would have to be eating all the yummy food that everyone cooks. The pie and the cookies…yum, and you can’t forget the hot chocolate. WEB: What are you going to be for Halloween? AT: My mom says I’m to old to go trick or treating or to be anything, so instead I want to cut a whole in the bottom of a bowl. Then when the little kids reach in the bowl to get candy, I’ll reach my hand up and scare them. Fun! WEB: That does sound like fun. Since you can’t be anything, what was most memorable costume? AT: I went as a “gangsta” in 6th or 7th grade maybe. It was fun because I could really get into it, I mean I’m really a “gangsta” at heart, so it was no problem for me. I just had to be myself, you know? WEB: We know exactly. Would you rather carve 20 pumpkins, or rake 20 lawns? AT: I believe I would rather rake 20 lawns so I could jump in all the leaves afterwards. Also, pumpkins scare me! WEB: Yeah pumpkins scare us too…so what do you and autumn have in common, Autumn? AT: Well I can think of at least one thing in common…our names! Just kidding you! Anyway, in autumn the leaves change color and my eyes change color depending on what I wear. The air is crisp and I’m just a very crisp person, kind of like an apple. WEB: We enjoyed talking to you, Autumn. Is there anything else you’d like to add? AT: I’d like to share one of my favorite quotes, actually. This quote has really affected my life and inspired me to be a better person. I think everyone should take it into consideration: “I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada.” – Britney Spears, pop singer WEB: Thanks Autumn, we’re sure everyone will appreciate the knowledge that you are spreading.