61°

Eric Sungthe one man curry jury

Thousands of years ago, deep in India, some wise, practical, and very hungry people invented curry. Now an epic battle between different curry establishments is occurring. Which curry will reign supreme? The Spice, Thai Kitchen, or India Palace? I will have a taste of the 3 most prominent curry restaurants in town. The Spice After taking a few steps into the restaurant, wonderful aromas of curry, coconut, and delicious foods flooded into my nose. The Spice has a pleasant eating atmosphere with very good service. After careful examination of the menu I decided that I would try the Massaman Curry (Mild, slightly sweet curry with potatoes onions, curry paste, coconut milk, peanuts, and a choice of chicken or beef). It was much better than I expected, as it had tender juicy pieces of beef sitting in a sweet orange curry sauce. It was like a flavor explosion in my mouth. Even with a price of 12 dollars, it was worth every bite. Of all the curries I’ve tried in Ames, this one would be number one. It definitely is up there as one of the best curry restaurants out there Thai Kitchen The Thai Kitchen is a great place to go to just relax and chill with friends. It has a wide variety of food and is more affordable than The Spice. The food was authentic and tasty also the service was fast. With all of the choices there I finally decided on the Green Curry (coconut milk with green curry paste, zucchini, beef, chilies, eggplant, basil, and lime leaf). It was a wonderful pool of green curry, vegetables, and beef, with an island of rice on top. At the time I was really keen for some curry and it certainly hit the spot. If you just want an affordable, scrumptious, meal this place will be precisely what you’re looking for. India Palace I‘ve only tried the lunch buffet but I was impressed. The quality was acceptable: it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great, either. There were a great variety of different Indian foods there. It costs less than The Spice but more than Thai Kitchen. It was decently priced for a buffet. I enjoyed eating the Tandoori Chicken the most. This place was a little too spicy for my liking but it was still tasty. This place is a good place to go if you’re looking for a curry adventure. And I know you are. After tasting these three different curry restaurants I came to the conclusion that the best curry restaurant was The Spice, followed by Thai Kitchen, and closely behind that is India Palace.