51°

Fro-yo Convert

There’s a new frozen yogurt place in town. I expected to rip apart Orange Leaf in this article for being over-priced, hipster, crap. Fro-yo? Really? Even the name, Orange Leaf, is an anomaly. Leaves are supposed to be green, but theirs are orange because they’re cool. I basically expected the frozen yogurt version of Coldstone. In other words fairly good but too over-priced. A special occasion place that you go to when you have money to blow. And when you leave with mediocre ice cream in your gut feeling ten pounds heavier you’re left wondering, “Was really worth it?” Orange Leaf blew away my expectations. So worth it! When you walk in you’re comforted by the ambiance of orange and green tied into a wall of classy tile back-splash, and multiple comfortable seating options for large, or small groups. Usually the place is so busy people are sitting outside on the curb because every single seat is taken. The day I went it was 60 degrees outside and there were still people sitting outside eating frozen yogurt! It’s really that good. In fact, pretty much everyone I’ve met who’s been there has enjoyed the whole expierence. “I really like the design of the inside and it’s a really good idea, too. We needed something like [Orange Leaf] in Ames,” said senior Haley Hoshor. “If God wanted a frozen snack he’d choose Orange Leaf,” said senior Bailey Banach. The only downside to Orange Leaf is that there is an option of wither super large or super super large cups to put fro-yo in which makes it really hard to not completely fill said massive cups with large amounts of fro-yo. While large amounts of fro-yo may be really yummy, it can be quite painful on the pocketbook since the price is determined by the weight of the fro-yo. The Orange Leaf website sums its purpose up pretty well, “Our Mission is to promote community and family by providing a great tasting, sensible, frozen dessert made just for you, by you, in an environment that is as visually uplifting as it is welcoming.” Seriously, go to Orange leaf and try not to have a good time.