61°

Breaking dawn breaks the box office

Twi-hards of the world, the time has finally come. Grab your vampire fangs and your Team Jacob shirts, because Breaking Dawn: Part 1 is hitting theaters today. This highly anticipated film stars Hollywood heartthrobs Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen and Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black, as well as Kristen Stewart as the conflicted beauty Bella Swan. Following Harry Potter’s lead, the film crew chose to split the final chapter of the vampire-werewolf drama into two movies to fully capture the story. With Part 2 coming out next summer, this flick covers the basic principle of the story, focusing on Bella and Edward’s marriage and its potentially disastrous results. The Twilight Saga has achieved wild success thus far, with each movie receiving multiple awards and sending the cast skyrocketing to fame. The most recent release, Eclipse, broke several records for its earnings, including biggest midnight release and biggest Wednesday release. This film is rated PG-13 for disturbing images, violence, sexuality/partial nudity and some thematic elements, and has a run time of just under two hours. With such a great track record, Breaking Dawn has great potential and may end up being the best film yet.