48°

The Office (Final Season)

Sadly the phrase, “all good things must come to an end” is true, and the American comedy The Office is no exception. Starting on Sept. 20, the show will be entering its ninth and final season. What started seven years ago, based off a British comedy with the same title, has turned into one of the most well-known comedies in American television history. The person who made the show famous is actor Steve Carell. Steve starred as the Regional Manager of a paper company called Dunder Mifflin and went by the stage name of Michael Scott. Carell’s childish personality and happy-go-lucky attitude toward the world of business is what made him such an appreciated character. Unfortunately, Carell also sparked the downward spiral towards the shows unfortunate ending. Near the end of the seventh season, the storyline was that Michael Scott was going to Colorado with his fiancée Holly Flax (portrayed by Amy Ryan) when in reality, Carell wanted to spend more time concentrating on his movie career. After Carell’s departure “The Office,” just wasn’t the same. Sure they got another talented actor to replace him, but again it seemed that not even the great Will Ferrell could fill the shoes of Steve. In fact, Will Ferrell only lasted four episodes before his character was removed. Although The Office had its times of blue, what cannot be overlook is the national appreciation the show has achieved over the years. Since 2011, the show has been nominated for 26 Emmy awards winning four of them for Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Single Camera Picture Editing, Outstanding Director for a Comedy Series, and Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series. So as the final chapter of “The Office” unfolds, stay optimistic! Because surely the ending to a show with such a prestigious stature, has to have an ending that will go down in history as the greatest comedy in American television history.