55°

2012 Yearbook celebrates 100 years

The Ames High Yearbook staff is one of the most hard working and creative groups of students at our school. They spend their whole year and part of summer putting together the best pictures and memories for students to cherish forever. This year is the 100th year anniversary of Spirit, or the yearbook, and staff members are working especially hard to make this yearbook extra special. “The anniversary is one of the biggest themes in the yearbook this year,” senior Alyssa Bovinette said. “Every page is specific and well organized. It’s the best yearbook I’ve been a part of.” It’s certainly a special book. “We have an awesome custom cover this year,” teacher James Webb said. “It was super expensive but completely worth it.” This year the Spirit staff has been working toward a common goal: define Ames High’s tradition of excellence. “We’re using quotes and old pictures from alumni and distinguished graduates.” Webb said. They are trying to incorporate old media to commemorate the history of Ames High, not just the graduating class. Students looking to purchase one of these fantastic yearbooks can still do so. They are $48 and can be bought from Mr. Webb. Those looking to buy past yearbooks will have the opportunity later this year: “There is a limited number of old yearbooks laying around that we will put out through the end of the year and sell for around $25,” Webb said. You don’t want to miss out on this buy. Yearbooks are something to pull out with friends, college roommates, and eventually, your children. And this 2012 yearbook is something special. “This will easily be the best yearbook that I’ve seen since I’ve been here,” Webb said. “We’re really excited for the finished product.”